Date and Time: Thursday, Oct. 13, 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. ET.
Welcome: Katy Hussey-Sloniker, Learning Officer, Office of Research and Evaluation, AmeriCorps
Introduction: Dr. Mary Hyde, Director, Office of Research and Evaluation, AmeriCorps
- Lily Zandniapour, Ph.D., Office of Research and Evaluation, AmeriCorps
- Peter Nelson, Ph.D., Vice President for Impact and Innovation, ServeMinnesota
- Anne Sinclair, Ph.D., Learning Officer, Ampact
- Dr. Sandra Morán Pulles, Ph.D., Vice President for Equity and Inclusion, ServeMinnesota
Closing Remarks: Nathaniel Benjamin, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer, AmeriCorps
Q&A: Dr. Jehyra Asencio-Yace and Dr. Emily McDonald, Research Analysts, Office of Research and Evaluation, AmeriCorps
How can data and evidence be used to inform and enhance AmeriCorps’ and its partners’ efforts to center equity throughout their operations to serve communities effectively and equitably? In the AmeriCorps Research & Evaluation Impact Webinar, “Bridging the Research to Practice Gap with an Equitable Lens”, AmeriCorps staff and grantees, ServeMinnesota and Ampact, will speak to their experience and expertise in bringing evidence and research to bear in their programs in service of equity.
- Lily Zandniapour, PhD will discuss AmeriCorps’ evidence building vision and framework and how it supports broader use of evidence to increase access and utilization of AmeriCorps resources in underserved communities.
- Peter Nelson, PhD and Dr. Sandra Morán Pulles, PhD will share their insights into how they use evidence to inform programmatic investments and incorporate equity into the grantmaking process. Dr. Sandra Morán Pulles will speak to inclusion initiatives through building community partnerships.
- Anne Sinclair, PhD will give us a behind-the-scenes look at how they have used AmeriCorps’ SCALER Tool to assess evidence and make data-informed decisions when supporting grant implementation.
- Nathaniel Benjamin will offer reflections on the importance of developing authentic community partnerships to support equity-, program delivery-, and evidence building-related goals.