Table of Contents
- Application Deadline
- AmeriCorps Seniors – Senior Demonstration Program Workforce Development
- Required Documents
- Training and Technical Assistance Calls and Recordings
- Frequently Asked Questions
AmeriCorps Seniors is publishing this funding notice with the purpose of creating the AmeriCorps Seniors Workforce Development Senior Demonstration Program (herein referred to as WFD) to support projects focused on supporting older adults as they seek to secure employment in professional, skilled labor, or para-professional careers. In addition, AmeriCorps Seniors is partnering with Public Health AmeriCorps, which seeks to support projects that address the public health needs of local communities, advance health equity and create pathways to public health careers for older adults. Applicants that propose public health careers programming would apply via the Public Health Careers Track. All other career programming will apply via the non-public health careers track. Through WFD funding opportunities, applicants must demonstrate how they will engage adults ages 55 and older, using service opportunities, certification, training, and mentoring as the avenue that will lead to employment in skilled, professional, and/or para-professional career employment.
AmeriCorps’ priorities for this funding opportunity are:
- Support older adults in obtaining permanent employment in skilled labor, professional or paraprofessional careers (for the purpose of this NOFO, professional is defined as “engaged in a specified activity as one’s main paid occupation rather than as a pastime and requires a particular skillset in order to be successful.” Paraprofessional is defined as “specially trained or credentialed employment, in fields such as education, healthcare, engineering, law.”).
- Provide training and/or certification for employment, and supports such as mentorship, coaching, transportation, and other forms of support.
- Provide mentoring and/or coaching in regular increments, including during pre- and post- employment placement.
- Provide a competitive stipend to remove barriers for older adults’ service. If the program model does not include a stipend for beneficiaries, a full explanation must be provided, including how the program recruits, retains, supports volunteers, and a pattern of success.
Public Health Careers Track: Applicants interested in addressing immediate public health needs, reducing health disparities in their communities and building the public health workforce may propose a program that aligns with Public Health AmeriCorps. See Appendix III for more information about Public Health AmeriCorps, and ensure applications address the Public Health Careers Track elements under Selection Criteria in addition to the other criteria as written.
Applicants that are proposing public health workforce development projects should select the eGrants Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) labeled “FY 2023 AmeriCorps Seniors Public Health Workforce Development.” Applicants that are proposing other types of workforce development projects should select the eGrants Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) labeled “FY 2023 AmeriCorps Seniors Workforce Development.” See the Application Instructions document for more information.
The deadline for applications to the FY 2023 AmeriCorps Seniors - AmeriCorps Seniors Senior Demonstration Program on Workforce Development NOFO is Wednesday, February 1, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. ET. Please contact AmeriCorpsSeniors@cns.gov for additional guidance.
FY 2023 AmeriCorps Seniors Workforce Development Senior Demonstration Program
- FY 2023 AmeriCorps Seniors Workforce Development Senior Demonstration Program (NOFO)
- Appendix II: National Performance Measure Instructions
- Appendix III: About Public Health AmeriCorps (For Public Health Careers Track Applicants)
- Terms and Definitions
- Grant Application Instructions
- All applicants regardless of funding level are required to submit an Operational and Financial Management Survey (OFMS). This link is to an online form, where you will be required to submit your response electronically.
Training and Technical Assistance Calls and Recordings
AmeriCorps Seniors will host a series of webinars and post recordings to introduce potential applicants in general to the AmeriCorps Seniors Senior Demonstration Project, this opportunity, its performance measurement system and more. See below for available sessions and click on the links to register and receive detailed connection information. All session will be recorded, and recordings will be available on this document shortly after a webinar’s conclusion.
Touring the Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Wednesday, December 14, 2022, at 3:30 pm ET - Register here
- Wednesday January 4, 2023, at 3:30 pm ET - Register here
- Recording posted 5 business days after session.
In this session, we will review the Notice of Funding Opportunity and conduct a Q&A.
Best Practices in Budget Development
- Wednesday, January 11, 2023, at 2:30 pm ET - Register here
During this webinar, AmeriCorps staff will review the best practices for creating a compliant and competitive AmeriCorps Seniors grant budget and discuss strategies for effective post award funds management. Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the budget related sections of the Notice and Application Instructions, along with the Best Practices of Budget Development recording, before joining this Q&A webinar.
- Best Practices in Budget Development Recording
- English version auto-transcript
- Spanish version auto- transcript
- Sample AmeriCorps Seniors Budget (coming soon)
SDP Applicant Question and Answer Session
- Thursday, January 12, 2023, at 3:30pm ET - Register here
AmeriCorps Seniors is available for applicant questions related to the SDP WFD Opportunity.
Introducing AmeriCorps, AmeriCorps Seniors and its Programs and Mobilize a Generation
This recording briefly introduces AmeriCorps, AmeriCorps Seniors, and all its programs and we will review how the opportunity works.
Submitting Your Application in eGrants
This recording walks through eGrants, AmeriCorps’ electronic grants management system, step-by-step.
Senior Demonstration Program Performance Measures & Work Plans - Workforce Development
This recording will provide a quick review of AmeriCorps and AmeriCorps Seniors, then some key elements of AmeriCorps’ national performance measures, followed by a guide on how to complete an AmeriCorps Seniors work plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check back often for updates.
The video recordings include external links to YouTube's video platform. YouTube's privacy and security practices and policies may differ from AmeriCorps'. AmeriCorps is not responsible for these links, nor does it endorse the content of the third-party website.