Please visit the AmeriCorps State and National Grants page for information and resources for AmeriCorps competitive grants, Public Health AmeriCorps grants, and AmeriCorps Planning Grants.
Table of Contents
- 2023 AmeriCorps State and National Native Nations Funding Priorities
- Application Deadline
- Funding Announcement, Mandatory Supplemental Guidance, and Application Instructions
- Performance Measure Instructions
- Evaluation Plan Template
- Manage Your Grant
- Applicant Operational and Financial Management Survey (OFMS)
- Technical Assistance Information and Regional Contacts
- Technical Assistance Webinars
2023 AmeriCorps State and National Native Nations Funding Priorities
The FY 2023 AmeriCorps State and National Native Nations Grants competition, AmeriCorps seeks to prioritize the investment of national service resources in:
- Organizations leading service in communities with concentrated poverty, rural communities, tribal communities, and those organizations serving historically underrepresented and underserved individuals, including but not limited to communities of color, immigrants and refugees, people with disabilities, people who identify as part of the LGBTQIA+ community, people with arrest and/or conviction records, and religious minorities,
- Evidence-based interventions on the AmeriCorps Evidence Exchange that are assessed as having Moderate or Strong evidence. Please note that many of these interventions have demonstrated effectiveness in improving outcomes for individuals living in underserved communities and that the agency has committed resources to supporting grantees seeking to replicate and evaluate these interventions in similar communities,
- Veterans and Military Families, Caregivers, and Survivors – a program model that improves the quality of life of veterans and improves the well-being of military families, caregivers, and survivors,
- Faith-based organizations,
- Programs that provide additional benefits to AmeriCorps members aimed at enhancing member experience and bolstering member recruitment and retention such as paying more than the minimum living allowance, transportation, housing, food, etc.,
- Programs that create workforce pathways for AmeriCorps members, including deliberate training, certifications, and hiring preferences or support, and
- Environmental stewardship.
The deadline for applications to the 2023 AmeriCorps State and National Native Nations Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) is Wednesday, April 5, 2023 by 5:00 PM Eastern Time. AmeriCorps State and National expects that successful applicants will be notified by end of May 2023.
Funding Announcement, Mandatory Supplemental Information, and Application Instructions
2023 AmeriCorps State and National Native Nations Grants Notice of Funding Opportunity (PDF)
2023 AmeriCorps State and National Native Nations Planning Grant Notice of Funding Opportunity (PDF)
2023 AmeriCorps State and National Native Nations Grants Mandatory Supplemental Information (PDF)
2023 AmeriCorps State and National Application Instructions (PDF)
Performance Measure Instructions
Evaluation Plan Template
Manage your grant
Resources you need to effectively manage your grant, including eGrants instructions, terms and conditions, individual match waiver, pre-award requirements, financial reporting requirements, and training and technical assistance.
Applicant Operational and Financial Management Survey (OFMS)
- All new and recompeting applicants regardless of funding level are required to submit an Operational and Financial Management Survey (OFMS).
- Some grantees may have completed a Financial Management Survey (FMS) in the past. The Operational and Financial Management Survey (OFMS) is a different document, and the old FMS will not be accepted in place of the OFMS.
- The form needs to be completed fully, a response for every question. If there are additional comments needed to explain certain responses, please utilize the ‘preparer’s comments’ section.
- The OFMS must be submitted as Word Document. All other formats, including PDF, will not be accepted.
- If possible, please limit the amount of times and locations the document is saved prior to submitting to AmeriCorps. We’ve found that the macros used to extract data from the form can be corrupted by saving the file in different formats or locations.
AmeriCorps may ask an applicant for clarifying information after notification of competition results. An applicant’s failure to respond to a request for clarification adequately and in a timely manner may result in the removal of its application from the award process.
Technical Assistance Information and Regional Contacts
If you are having technical difficulties with creating an account or preparing or submitting the application in eGrants, please contact the National Service Hotline at (800) 942-2677 or via Questions. For all other application questions, please contact AmeriCorpsGrants@cns.gov.
- Mid-Atlantic (DC, DE, MD, NJ, PA, PR, VA, VI, WV) – Melissa Hartung
- Midwest (IL, IN, KY, MI, OH) – Kate McHugh, Marlicia Robinson
- Mountain (AZ, CO, ID, MT, NM, UT, WY) – Zanquetta Gray
- North Central (IA, KS, MN, MO, ND, NE, SD, WI) – Melissa Mohler
- Northeast (CT, MA, ME, NH, NY, RI, VT) – Anne Ostberg
- South Central (AR, LA, MS, OK, TX) – Sasha Cesare
- Southeast (AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN) – Leah Mehl-Laituri
- West (AK, AS, CA, GU, HI, MP, NV, OR, WA) – Becky Curtis, Raga Nadella
Technical Assistance Webinars
AmeriCorps is hosting technical assistance webinars for applicants to answer questions about the funding opportunity and eGrants. AmeriCorps strongly encourages all applicants participate in these sessions. The Technical Assistance Webinars section will be updated with additional webinars and resources as they are scheduled.
These sessions will provide an overview of the agency and NOFO logistics.
AmeriCorps State and National 2023 Funding Opportunities:
Intro to AmeriCorps,
FY23 AmeriCorps State and Native Nations and Native Nations Planning Grants NOFOs Overview
Wednesday, , October 5th from 1 :00 to 2:00 pm ET
Thursday, February 2nd, 2023 from 1:00 to 2:00 pm ET
FY23 AmeriCorps State and National NOFOs Best Practices in Developing Performance Measures
Tuesday, October 25th from 1 :00 to 2:00 pm ET
Wednesday, February 15th, 2023, from 1:00 to 2:00 pm ET
The video recordings include external links to YouTube’s video platform. YouTube’s privacy and security practices and policies may differ from AmeriCorps’. AmeriCorps is not responsible for these links nor does it endorse the content of the third-party website.