Building a Beloved Community: Unite, Serve, Transform on MLK Day
Join us this MLK Day as we come together to build a Beloved Community through unity, service, and transformation. Let's honor Dr. King's legacy by working toward a more just and equitable society, where everyone is valued and respected, regardless of their race, ability, religion, or background. By participating in service projects, we can bridge divides, heal wounds, and create lasting change that will benefit our communities for years to come.
About MLK Day
MLK Day is the only federal holiday designated as a National Day of Service to encourage all Americans to volunteer to improve their communities. During the last quarter-century, the MLK Day of Service has grown, and its impact increased as more Americans embraced the idea that citizenship involves taking an active role in improving communities.
AmeriCorps Invites You
- Engage with your community and create constructive action.
- Act on Dr. King’s legacy of social justice and equity.
- Recommit by volunteering to serve others. You can clean up a public space, mentor a young person, or help those who are food insecure.
Commit to Serve on MLK Day
Register a Volunteer Opportunity
Publicize your volunteer opportunities for the Martin Luther King, Jr., National Day of Service by adding them to AmeriCorps Volunteer Search.
- To be discoverable in search results for MLK Day, you must use #MLK in the title of the project.
- Create a free project listing with one of these organizations: Idealist, JustServe, or VolunteerMatch
- That's it, anyone searching for MLK Day volunteer opportunities on our site will see your post.
If you have questions about registering or promoting your volunteer opportunities, please contatct MLKDay@americorps.gov.
Become a Champion
Show your support in honoring the Martin Luther King, Jr., National Day of Service with AmeriCorps. Champions receive invitations to webinars, early access to national marketing materials, and more!
- 5 Points Neighborhood Association, Inc.
- AmeriCorps - Girl Scouts of Northern IL
- ASTAR AmeriCorps
- Athletes for Hope
- Barry University
- Bay Area Community Resources/Contra Costa County MEDS Coalition
- Butler Center
- Beyond Our Status Congolese Alliance, Inc.
- Cincinnati Parks
- CIS AmeriCorps
- City of Birmingham - AmeriCorps VISTA
- City of Chattanooga Department of Equity and Community Engagement
- City of Corpus Christi/ SCP Program
- City of Hyattsville
- City of Navasota TX
- City of Orlando - Community Affairs
- Color Street
- Connect Central Oregon
- Cottey College
- Council of African Imams, Inc.
- ENC Nonprofit Partneres, Inc.
- Eyes Like Mine Inc.
- Frostburg State University ASTAR AmeriCorps
- George Washington University
- Gulf Islands National Seashore
- Hampton Roads CCD Local Network
- Operation HOPE, Inc.
- Husson University
- Inver Hills Community College
- Jersey Cares Inc.
- Keystone SMILES
- Kids Impact Community
- L.A. Works
- Lead for America/American Connection Corps
- Learn and Serve Tampa Inc
- Literacy Alliance of NEFL
- Literacy KC AmeriCorps VISTA Intermediary Program
- Literacy New Jersey
- Mlk of Picayune Group, LLC
- Norco College/Basic Needs & Wellness, Supervisor
- Northeast Shared Services
- Ohio Campus Compact
- OOA - Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee
- Otsego County United Way
- Partners for Campus Community Engagement
- Pathways to Hope for Children
- Pender Adult Services RSVP
- Pennsylvania Mountain Service Corps AmeriCorps
- Serve DC - Executive Office of Mayor Bowser
- Sherwood Community Friends Church
- Southern Iowa RSVP AmeriCorps Seniors
- Step Up For Mental Health
- The Bennion Center
- The Bronx Collab
- Tribus Aerospace/Precision Aerospace
- United Methodist Churches of Indiana
- United Way of Northwest Arkansas
- United Way of the CSRA
- Washington Service Corps
- Whole Again
- Young Women of Promise, Inc.
- Your Why LLC
- Youth in Communities
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated
- Zonta Club of Prince George's County Area