United We Serve
The Martin Luther King, Jr., National Day of Service is a defining moment each year when Americans across the country step up to make communities more equitable and take action to create the Beloved Community of Dr. King’s dream. While Dr. King believed the Beloved Community was possible, he acknowledged and fought for systemic change. His example is our call to action.
About MLK Day
MLK Day is the only federal holiday designated as a National Day of Service to encourage all Americans to volunteer to improve their communities. During the last quarter-century, the MLK Day of Service has grown, and its impact increased as more Americans embraced the idea that citizenship involves taking an active role in improving communities.
AmeriCorps Invites You
- Engage with your community and create constructive action.
- Act on Dr. King’s legacy of social justice and equity.
- Recommit by volunteering to serve others. You can clean up a public space, mentor a young person, or help those who are food insecure.
Commit to Serve on MLK Day
Register a Volunteer Opportunity
Publicize your volunteer opportunities for the Martin Luther King, Jr., National Day of Service by adding them to AmeriCorps Volunteer Search.
- To be discoverable in search results for 9/11 Day, you must use #MLK in the title of the project.
- Create a free project listing with one of these organizations: Idealist, JustServe, or VolunteerMatch
- That's it, anyone searching for MLK Day volunteer opportunities on our site will see your post.
If you have questions about registering or promoting your volunteer opportunities, please contatct MLKDay@cns.gov.
Become a Champion
Show your support in honoring the Martin Luther King, Jr., National Day of Service with AmeriCorps. Champions receive invitations to webinars, early access to national marketing materials, and more!
- ACES 4 Youth- Area Consortium of Educational Service for Our Youth
- AmeriCorps 4-H Outreach
- AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP Serving Central MN
- Area Agency on Aging 3
- Arizona Serve AmeriCorps VISTA
- Asian American Center of Frederick
- ASTAR/Frostburg State University
- Black Lives Matter Port Huron
- Boys & Girls Club of the Blue Ridge
- Butler County Department on Aging
- City of Bellingham Parks & Rec.
- City of Chattanooga
- City of Navasota/Navasota EDC
- City of Orlando
- Community Action of Southern KY
- Community Resource Center
- Cottey College
- Crafting Change
- Curry Avenue Produce Community Garden
- Dalton Law
- Dictionary Hill Open Space Advocates
- DTE Energy
- GFWC East Tampa Juniors Woman's Club
- Habitat for Humanity of Lincoln County
- Hampton Roads CCD Local Network
- Hands On Greater Phoenix
- Hollywood Hills High School - SADD Chapter
- Houston Food Bank
- Jewish Federation of Reading
- Kutting Edge Computer and Network Solutions
- Leadership Long Beach
- League of Women Voters Solano County
- Learn and Serve Tampa Inc
- Many Helping Hands 365
- MBUSA, LLC
- Mission Housing Development
- MLK Community Coalition of Lebanon
- Moishe House
- Montana Campus Compact
- Montclair state university
- Morning Bishop Theatre Playhouse, Inc.
- Nehyam Neighborhood Association and the Firehouse Community Farm
- NJ Commission on National and Community Service
- Office of Black Catholic Ministries - Archdiocese of New Orleans
- Operation HOPE
- Partners for Campus-Community Engagement
- Partnership 4 Kids
- Post University
- Samaritan's Feet International/Samaritan's Feet Seniors
- Seattle Martin Luther King Jr. Organizing Coalition
- Serve Illinois
- Shekinah Greater Love Tabernacle
- Simplified VA
- Southern University at Shreveport Caddo/Bossier Foster Grandparent Volunteer Program
- Springfield Promise Neighborhood
- Sustaining Way
- Tennessee Respite Coalition
- The Global Diaspora PAC & SuperPAC
- The Hanover Insurance Group
- The Lead America Foundation
- United Way of Genesee County
- United Way of the Dutchess-Orange Region
- United Way of the Piedmont
- University of Michigan/ Aerospace Engineering
- Up2Us Sports
- Women of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- WVU Center for Community Engagement
- Youth in Communities