September 11, 2021 is the 20th Anniversary of that tragic day. On this day Americans across the country are called to volunteer in their local communities in tribute to the individuals lost and injured in the attacks, first responders, and the many who have risen in service to defend freedom.
Find a volunteer opportunity
Use our volunteer search to find an opportunity near you.
Apply to become a 9/11 Day grantee
Want to partner with national service but not sure if you can commit to a whole year? Apply for funds to host a project on 9/11 Day.Learn more
Called to serve
Develop a successful project and promote this national day of service and remembrance using our communications resources.Find resources
Organizations or individuals can:
- Develop a volunteer opportunity that addresses a critical need in your community. For 2021, think about activities that can be accomplished at home, virtually, or in small groups outdoors.
- Post a volunteer opportunity by adding it via Points of Light.
- Begin a self-start project or join a volunteer opportunity. Check out our 10 Ways to Safely Help Your Community COVID-19
- Find a Volunteer Opportunity near you.
- Share your service story and photos, and use #911Day on social media.