United through Service
It’s been more than 20 years since 9/11. We continue to honor the sacrifices made that day by remembering the heroes, armed forces, first responders, and countless others’ acts of service to defend our nation’s freedom.
On the September 11 National Day of Service and Remembrance, we invite you to cross divides, differences, and ideologies to come together in service to honor those lost and those whose lives were forever changed that fateful day. Lift each other up, neighborhood by neighborhood, just as Americans did more than 20 years ago, united to serve.
You can help us spark a passion and create relationships between communities and individuals that extend past this day to inspire a lifetime of service in all Americans.
The 9/11 Day of Service is Sunday, September 11. You and your partners are encouraged to engage in service on this day and the days surrounding.
A Day to Remember
Remember the fallen by lifting our communities and honor the heroes by becoming one to someone in need. Make a difference, unite through service, and show we remember.
Commit to Serve on 9/11 Day
Use the AmeriCorps Volunteer Search, powered by VolunteerMatch, to find an opportunity near you.
Take the Pledge
Let us know you are committed to volunteering in your community this 9/11 Day and beyond.
Plan ahead for 9/11 Day 2023. Find self-starter project ideas, toolkits, and more.
Register a Volunteer Opportunity
Publicize your volunteer opportunities for the September 11 National Day of Service and Remembrance by adding them to AmeriCorps Volunteer Search.
- To be discoverable in search results for 9/11 Day, you must use #911 in the title of the project.
- Create a free project listing with one of these organizations: Idealist, JustServe, or VolunteerMatch
- That's it, anyone searching for 9/11 Day volunteer opportunities on our site will see your post.
If you have questions about registering or promoting your volunteer opportunities, please contact Sept11@cns.gov.
Become a Champion
Show your support in honoring the September 11 Day of Service and Remembrance with AmeriCorps. Champions receive invitations to webinars, early access to national marketing materials, and more!
- Albany Internal Medicine
- Align9 - Seniors Volunteer Program and VISTA Program
- America's Service Commissions
- American College of Surgeons STOP THE BLEED®
- AmeriCorps Borderlands Imperial Valley
- AmeriCorps Northwest NJ Community Action Program II
- AmeriCorps of Frederick County/Asian American Center of Frederick
- Butler County Department on Aging
- Capital Region Antiracism Training Initiative
- Change For The Community
- City of Corpus Christi/SCP Program
- City of Corpus Christi Retired and Senior Volunteer Program
- City of Navasota
- City of Royal Oak
- City of Orlando AmeriCorps
- Coast 2 Coast Prayer & Dream Girls R Fly
- Council on Aging of West Florida
- Family & Community Services - AmeriCorps Seniors RSVP
- Fanwood-Scotch Plains Rotary-District
- Flint Hills Volunteer Center, Inc.
- FoodCorps - Chicot Elementary
- Foster Grandparent
- Galveston County Connects
- Gamma Phi Delta Sorority, Inc., Delta Omicron Chapter
- Global Youth Justice, Inc.
- GPK Foundation America
- Habitat for Humanity International
- Ibn Tofail University
- I-H.O.P.E Financial Training Center
- Imagine Art
- Interfaith Community Services
- Johns Hopkins SAIS VETS 9.11 Stair Climb Team
- Knight Development LLC
- Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee
- LBJ&C AmeriCorps Seniors FGP/RSVP
- Operation HOPE
- Miss Missouri Volunteer
- Missouri 4-H
- Partners for Campus Community Engagement
- Pathways to Hope for Children
- Pattison's Academy
- Plymouth Volunteer Ambulance Corps
- Republican Jewish Coalition Midwest Regional Office
- Rotary Club of Shawnee Mission, Kansas
- Roth PR
- Serve Washington Division, Office of Financial Management
- Southern New England Conference UCC
- The Arc
- The Health Foundation of Greater Indianapolis, Inc.
- The UN International Mission/The International Mission of OCUNIGO
- Tusculum University - Center for Civic Advancement
- United Way Worldwide
- University of the Sacred Heart
- U.S. Pain Foundation, Inc.
- Veteran Support Services Inc
- Virginia Service Commission
- Wisconsin Reading Corps
- Youth Conservation Corps
- Zeta Phi Beta
9/11 Day Grantees
Learn about funding opportunities and apply now for a 9/11 Day grant with AmeriCorps.